We’re constantly told by the media that feminism is dead, that we have equality and that all feminists are man haters. None of this is true.
The truth is that feminism is still relevent and is still needed as much as it ever was.
- The pay gap between men and women in full time work in the UK is 15.5%.
- Women make up less the 20% of MPs.
- 66% of teenage girls would consider plastic surgery and 20% would do it right now
- Polls suggest that 63% of young women aspire to be glamour models or lap dancers
- 1 in 4 women have experienced rape or attempted rape.
- Every 34 minutes a rape is reported to the police in the United Kingdom. Thousands more victims do not come forward.
- Only 7% of reported rapes result in conviction.
- Across the globe women do two thirds of the world’s work, receive one tenth of the world’s income and own less than 1% of the world’s property (Robbins R, 1999).
- Here in the UK 2 women every week are killed by a violent male partner and 1 in 4 women in the UK are affected by domestic violence, including so-called ‘honour’ crimes and forced marriages.